June Update!!! v 0.6.2
I packed in all kinds of goodies this month. Version 0.6.2 is a huge Quality of Life update, and I think you'll love it.
I was sure to put some oft requested features in this build:
- Highlighting resources on the HUD shows which systems consume or produce that resource. Great for learning what does what and how to get that random resource.
- Controls for seeing underneath crew are available (hotkeys + HUD). You can toggle whether you want systems or crew on top, basically. Great for getting at that system under the corpses ;)
- Game speed controls (pause/ play/ fastfoward) are now available on the HUD.
- - - -
- Added strained animation when system is both strained and in overdrive
- Added added injection effect to system tooltips when relevant
- Added a Standard event: "Puketastic"
- Added successful events as a reduction on event kindness
- Added living crew as a reduction on event kindness
- Now recolors system borders when you highlight resources. This should make it faster and easier to see what systems are involved with what resources
- Added CRT effects to main menu and ship building
- Added short animation to end of minigame
- Added game speed controls to the HUD
- Added controls for flipping between Crew or Systems on top One step closer to release.
- Increased animation speed for engines and waste cannons while the injector's effect is active
- Changed a bunch of events that required engines to also allow waste cannons
- Changed Gyms into [Passive] systems, seeing as there's no reason to turn them off (for all the cruel AIs out there: you can still use ignore alerts if you want your crew to neither use nor repair gyms)
- Changed Toilets into [Passive] systems, for the same reason as Gyms
- Increased effect of lost progress on event kindness
- Increased effect of broken systems on event kindness
- Changed Use alerts so they can turn on systems (fewer clicks ftw)
- Overdrive now automatically turns off when system turns off
- Rephrased a sentence in the Tutorial (This will probably be moot after I replace the tutorial)
- Changed menu button colors (because I felt like it)
- Reduced volume of Generator audio
- Flipped direction of time loss penalty animation in minigame
- Fixed overdriven systems being enabled and repaired on load
- Fixed negative momentum ending the game
- Fixed minor typo in opening story
- Fixed a Story event that was mislabelled as "Unknown"
- Fixed event kindness so it increases as you have fewer resources compared to storage capacity
- Fixed VFX from upgrading to Unity 5.6.1p1
- Fixed Overdrive commands so they always turn on systems, if not already on
- Fixed mouse pings on main menu
- Fixed an outline-related crash
- Fixed a crash from invalid crew heal attempts (and a few other potential causes)
- Fixed bug that gave out free Fireball achievement on some failed runs (oops)
- Fixed bug that delayed some system audios
- Fixed rare bug that prevented the minigame from ending
- - - -
One step closer to release.
I never did finish those tools I was working on at the end of last month. Soooooon
I'm setting an ambitious schedule for myself (see my blog post). Let me know what to prioritize on my list.
I plan to improve the controls and revamp the tutorial. Then on to more content! (And, of course, lots of little polish here and there)
Get Destination Ares
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.