Happy Launch! Here's a quick patch :)
This update is mostly Quality of Life, bringing in a bunch of fixes and improvements to clean up the experience.
Notably, crew will do off-task work more often. This should make the game a demonstrably easier for less attentive AIs. (You still won't win. Git gud)
- Shortened how long it takes before the minigame tutorial turns on
- Slowed minigame tutorial down
- Clarified wording in minigame tutorial
- Improved clickability of minigame's "Return to Ship" button
- Destroyed systems are now more recognizable in their tooltips
- Increased how often crew will do off-task work. Should see more idle usage and repairs, especially with jobless crew
- Fixed some special loss events getting ignored if the player resumes a run after exiting the game
- Fixed a couple achievement toggles (incl The Arean Trail. Grats if you got it free), though I suspect there's something else going on here
- Fixed typo in one of the Madness possibilities
- Fixed a bug in event management that had weird cascading effects
- Fixed Loss events getting overridden
- Fixed Loss events not spawning
- Made some tweaks that hopefully prevent a rare, hard-to-reproduce crash
- Fixed some blank crew chatter popping up
On a personal note, I'm glad to see the full game is well-liked — especially after a rough Early Access.
Sales haven't been enough, though. No one is surprised that getting visibility is not my strong suit. It seems that I am going to have to begin work on other projects; I've been working for nothing for too many years.
Still, I reserve the right to come back and add to this game at any time ;)
Get Destination Ares
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.